So, its been a whole six months since I first moved to the big smoke!! God, it’s flown by. I thought I’d reflect a little on my time and write about six things I’ve learnt in those six months.
- There is literally ALWAYS something to do! Always. Have a day off, not sure what to do? Just google and theres bound to be something. I think there will always be countless galleries and museums to see, ever changing displays and different events on. Its fab living so close to all these things!
- However, it is okay to not do things. It’s easy to get caught up thinking you MUST be doing something every chance you get, just because it is London. But, theres no need feel pressure (from yourself or others) to fill all your time and spend all your money and energy. If you fancy sitting at home, relaxing, watching tv, whatever you want to do is fine. Things will still be there tomorrow, or the week after even.
- Buses are so much cheaper than the tube! Like crazy cheaper, I’ve recently changed jobs so I can just walk to and from work which is fab, however when I was travelling in I could do it for just £3 a day on the bus whereas the tube would be at least double. sure, the tubes way quicker, but its also busier and hotter and you can’t see your surroundings. Im a big bus fan (how lame lol).
- Getting anywhere in London is so easy! Loads of places are a lot closer than I originally thought, but it is so simple to use public transport. They’ve done a good job of making it pretty fool proof in my opinion.
- I can make my money seriously stretch! Honestly, life is expensive, and if I find I’m running a little short before pay day, I can make that money stretch like nobodies business, I mean it does definitely help I get lunches included in my working days.
- Final number 6: London is so bloody beautiful and full of such a variety of people. I’ve always live in multi-cultural towns/cities and I hope I always do. Being surrounded by so much diversity is amazing, seeing people from all over the world living and working together is quiet nice.
So, six things I’ve learnt while living in London. Not going to lie, I was already aware of the last two but living here I have for sure noticed both more, and been able to appreciate things a bit more. I think when living so far away from family you’re more sensitive to certain things and I am very aware how fortunate I am to be able to live in such a beautiful city.
Thanks for popping by, abitofpeace x